My good peeps, vacation with the littles was amazing, but I am so ready to be back. Time to start chipping away at taking over the world again. I wanted to begin by saying that these principles that we discuss every day, work. And when you don’t do them, your life simply does not go nearly as good. During the course of last week, I read my book pretty religiously, but I did not take the time to write down, visualize, and recite my goals to myself in the mirror. I also used a few different excuses as to why I did not go to the gym more than once last week. I also didn’t write my blog, as you already know.
My results from a lackluster week of self-development:
- By day 3, my back started to hurt. Yes, I am getting old for sure. But no gym time = my body not feeling healthy
- I gained 4 freaking lbs of unnecessary, and unwanted weight. Booooooooo!
- I had way less energy, and to be honest, was more cranky.
- Some of the normal things that don’t bother me, did.
- I felt my stress level increase a little more each day. I kept feeling like I needed to get back home before something fell apart.
- I felt a loss of fulfillment each day because I knew I wasn’t sending out a blog that in hopes would touch the soul of at least one and brighten their day.
Now, I want to make it very clear that last week served a very important purpose of me getting to spend some time with my 3 kids. And I am so grateful for that. I am so grateful that God has placed me in a spot where we can shut everything down back at home, and head to a place like St. George to make memories. My kids don’t need toys. And to be honest with you, outside of Christmas and birthdays, I NEVER buy them toys. But making memories with them is something that is at the top of my list of importance. And last week served that purpose in so many ways. My point in all this is that I was once again was reminded that without personal progress, things unravel fast. If you are not moving forward, you are without a doubt moving backwards. And even though I moved forward with relationships, I moved backwards with the rest of the balance of life.
Today, I am back on the wagon. I was up at 5:00 this morning with one goal in mind; world domination! I just wanted to remind you guys, from personal experience, that life unravels fast when you are not taking time to develop. Be a better version of yourself today and everyday.