Life was good at Disneyland. But, it is good to be back! Back on the path of development; full-time! I hope this email finds each of you locked and loaded and ready to take over the world! And, I mean, literally take over the world. One of the keys to taking over the world is to having a powerhouse self-image. Mr. Maxwell goes through the various steps you need to take to build exactly that.
- Guard Your Self-Talk – This is one of my favorite subjects to talk on. Think about this for a second. You are telling yourself something, all day long. It is either positive or negative talk, but it is something. It starts from the moment you get out of bed. Think about these thoughts for a second. “Man, I am freaking tired and I don’t want to be up.” Or, how about this instead? “Hot damn! Today is going to be an incredible day.” Not easy to do, but so effective, nonetheless. The thoughts continue throughout the day. By the time you are 17 years old, you will have heard the words “no, you can’t” over 150,000 times; and the words “yes, you can” about 5,000 times. That is thirty ‘no’s’ for every ‘yes.’ If we want to change our lives, we have to change the way we think of ourselves first. You need to learn to become your own encourager and your own cheerleader. Stop being so hard on yourself.
You are bad ass, and that’s the bottom line. Now live as if you are, and ye shall become.
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others – Comparing yourself to others is just a needless distraction. Too many times comparing yourself to someone only brings feelings of jealousy. Tell me the last time you being jealous of something or someone turning out to be a good thing? The only one you should be comparing yourself to is yourself. You should be focused every day on getting better. Do you realize that if you just focused on that one concept every single day alone, you would be an unstoppable force?
- Move Beyond Your Limiting Beliefs – If I had to take a guess on how much of the world has limiting beliefs, I would guess right around 99.9%. I have heard several times, that we only use 10% of our brains capacity. I stand to believe that we also use about the same percentage of our ability to believe in what we can actually do. Take a second to think about all the limiting beliefs that you might have. Here are some examples that might describe you:
- I am not a good father.
- I can’t be one of the top salesmen in my company.
- I can’t find time to read one book a month.
- I will never be able to play the guitar.
The list goes on. Think of how many times a day we stop ourselves from doing incredible things. About once every two months, as I am sitting in my power hour chair I have a self-realization that I am limiting myself from what I am truly capable of. So…I readjust my goals, and I go to work. And every single time, I rise to the occasion. Every single time, my my body starts to catch up with my thoughts. In other words, BELIEVE MORE! WANT MORE! EXPECT MORE! Then by goodness, because of it YOU WILL BECOME MORE!
expecting more everyday, Cram