It’s Friday! Hell to the yes! Get all over Friday, baby! It’s the right thing to do! Today, we continue to talk about what we should know about bad experiences.
- Few People Make Bad Experiences Positive Experiences – Life’s difficulties do not allow us to stay the same. They are always moving us. The question is, what direction are they moving us? Forward or backward? “When we have a bad experience, do we become bitter or better?” Will the experiences that we have lead us to grow? Warren Lester once said,
Success in life comes not from holding a good hand, but in playing a poor hand well."
I love that quote! Those that don’t succeed in life take their poor hand and they make it a thousand times worse. They complain, point fingers, and they have a really hard time pushing through it. And the result, a longer lasting, more painful trial.
As I have said in past blogs, some of my toughest trials are what have defined my life. Here are some of those trials:
- Knee surgery
- Choking in the state tennis tournament in High School
- The blending of two completely different families with my new marriage
- Two children that have disabilities
- Two different times battling cancer in my throat
These are without a doubt the moments that define me as a father, a husband, a businessman, a religious man, and a person. I am so thankful for those times. Did I enjoy them during the moment? Absolutely not! But what I did do in the moment is maintain an attitude of gratitude for the opportunity to learn. And it was the difference maker.
So how do you turn your pain into gain?
- Choose a Positive Life Stance – “Life Stance” is a term used to describe people’s overall frame of reference—the set of attitudes, assumptions, and expectations people hold themselves, other people and the world in general.
It’s the overall way you look at things.
So how is yours? Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Cheerful or gloomy? Trusty or suspicious? Friendly or reserved? Brave or timid? Generous or stingy? Giving or selfish? Bottom line is if you put yourself in the right state of mind and have a positive outlook on life, you will be able to withstand the tests of time so much better.
So where do you stand? Do you become bitter or better?
Being bitter is for the birds, Cram