Is today Thursday? Hell to the yes! I want to take a different path today on the blog. I want to take a second to talk about the power of setting a schedule and sticking to it. Right now, here are the things that are important to me. They bring balance and happiness to my life. And with each of them, I have specific goals attached.
- It is important that I increase my relationship with my kids, wife, friends, family, and co-workers every single day.
- It is important that I am in great shape physically.
- It is important to me that I increase my relationship with God daily.
- It is important that I become a better version of myself daily.
- It is important to me that I read at least one book a month. I usually do two.
- It is important to me that I bring my business to record levels and achieve long-term financial freedom.
As you can see, I demand quite a bit of myself. Because of that, my life has never been busier. There are many days each week that I lay in my bed at night lacking the stamina to carry a real conversation. My day is jam packed from sun-up to sun-down.
As I have said before, there is not enough time in the day to do everything, but there is enough time in the day to do the important things. Stop making excuses for not getting shiz done! “Motivation will get you going, but self-discipline will keep you growing.” How many times have I quoted that? I have never been busier in my life. I sometimes have to go sit in my car, take a breather, remember what is important, re-align myself, and get back to work. God gave us 24 hours in a day for a reason. it is not enough time in the day for lazy people to be effective.
But it is just enough time in the day to be able to accomplish everything that your heart desires and to do it at a high level.
Here is the beautiful thing. I have never spent more time with my wife and kids. I have never been more financially free. I have never read more books and had so much knowledge. I am 36 years old and feel great. God is good and I know him and grow a greater passion for him each day. It all happens in 24 hours. If you want to get up and really succeed in this life, know what is important to you, and know what time every day you are going to do it. Set a schedule and fight like hell to stick to it. It will change your life. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it has changed mine.
Big pimpin’ 24 hours a day, Cram