Holla, freaking holla for a Monday! If you haven’t already committed to doing great, feeling great and being great this week, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 that shiz right now and jump on the path! Leggggoooo! I have decided to make 2nd quarter substitution with the book we are going to be going over together in this blog. I started reading the book “A Game Plan for Life” by John Wooden, and it is an incredible book so far. So I would like to shift my attention to reading that. Here is what I learned during yesterdays reading:
1. You get up in the morning to teach or be taught- this is such a valuable concept for life. If you are constantly in learn or teach mode, think how fulfilled your life will be. Why? Because inside of each of those concepts is growth. And growth brings happiness.
2. Be true to yourself- one of the things that Holly and I are trying to do with our kids is to be the best damn version of who they are at all times. As parents, you of course want your child to like what you like. But at the end of the day, the worst thing you can do is force them to be someone they aren’t. My daughter Ashton loves snakes. What the what? My little girl likes snakes? She is supposed to like dancing, playing with her dolls, and dressing up. Haha. I haven’t purchased a doll for Ashton since she was 3. In the beginning, this was tough for me. I selfishly wanted her to do girly things. But that is not her and that is not what makes her happy. So now, when she talks about snakes, I treat it like it’s the coolest thing in the world. Embrace who you are and never apologize for your passions.
3. Make each day your masterpiece- draw it up exactly how you want it to look and go after it!
4. Make friendships a fine art- I love this one. As I have said a million times before, spend time every day strengthening your relationships. Love the people that love you.
5. Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every single day- everything we have been given comes from the good man upstairs. Embrace it and be thankful for it. And take the time every day to express it.
6. You are as good as anyone. But you are no better than anyone- If we can simply teach our children that they mean something, but they are never above anyone, they have a pretty damn good chance of happiness in life.
The principles to be happy in life and to be successful are so simple. They are not easy to live by, but they are so simple. We, the people of the world, just choose to complicate them. Stop making everything so hard. Choose your path to happiness and go after it. Make the personal decision today to be great. Make the personal decision today to make some noise. Make the personal decision today to love life.