Friday might be the most dominate day of the week! Make it count! To begin today’s post, I am going to do something a little differently than I normally do, and I am hoping this will finish the week of blogs strong. I am asked all the time, what my purpose in life is and how I have become so passionate about it. I have said before I truly believe in the balance of life. I cannot think of many things that are worse than being extremely rich financially, but super poor when it comes to family relationships and friendships. This example is one of the reasons I fight so hard every day to have that balance in life. Here are my following purposes in each of the five balances of life:
- Physically – My purpose is to continue to be in the best shape of my life, even at 35. I never want to be restricted from doing anything because of my health or fitness. I strive to be able to keep up with people 10 years younger than me, and to have the fastest reported knee surgery recovery in history.
- Financially – My purpose is to retire at age 40 with a certain amount of money in my bank account, which will last me the rest of my life. This purpose is to have a certain amount of money saved by December 31, 2016. I will be generating a certain amount of income by August 31, 2016 to fulfill this purpose.
- Educationally – My purpose is to read two books per month and never, ever, stop progressing educationally.
- Spiritually – My purpose is to be able to stand before God someday and have him say that I was one of his most faithful servants.
- Emotionally (relationships) – My purpose is for my children to not just say it, but to actually think, without a doubt, that they have the best dad in the world. I want my friends to be able to always say that I was the most loyal, best friend a guy could have. I strive everyday to give Holly no reason to not be able to say I am the best husband the world has ever seen. I want to die and be remembered, by everyone, as a man of integrity and one who is well respected.
My purpose is to take over the world in a positive way. My purpose is to give every man or woman, who are willing, to hear the words come out of my mouth, which is the same opportunity I was given 14 years ago when I started the sales industry. My purpose is to laugh my way through life and enjoy the living hell out of it. My purpose is to stretch myself beyond what people say is possible. In fact, tell me it can’t be done, I absolutely love to hear it; it might be my favorite statement in the English language. If someone says to me, “Marc, you won’t be able to do that.”
Once someone says this to me, from that point forward, I will find every reason, and I mean every reason, to prove them wrong.
I am extremely blessed and it is my life’s purpose to bless the life of others, like so many have blessed mine. My purpose is to be happy through it all. God put us on this earth to enjoy life. So, if you don’t mind, I am not going to wait until I reach my destination to enjoy it. I am going to enjoy getting there, every bit of it. You should enjoy your journey too!
Full of purpose, Cram