Without a doubt, today, is going to be one of the greatest days of our lives. Go get it! Today, the master himself, Jack Canfield, lists several ways that we can maintain high levels of self-esteem and self-confidence:
- Divide your life into three equal time periods—I simply divided my life into the following periods: birth to age 12, age 13 to 24, and age 25 to present—after you have divided your life into equal periods, list the three most important successes, which you had for each time period.
- List another 100 things you have accomplished in your life—the more you do this exercise, the more you will realize how amazing you really are, and how successful you have really been. The first 30 items should be fairly easy, but then you will have to start listing items like, “riding a bike”, “getting into the school play”, “my first little league home run”, etc.
- Create a daily log of your successes. Write down each success you had in a journal every day —by writing these successes down every day, you log them into your long-term memory—which enhances your self-esteem and builds your self-confidence. The next time you need a boost of self-confidence, just re-read your lists.
- Your environment has a great deal of influence over you—the good news is that you have almost 100% control of your immediate environment—you get to choose what pictures you hang on your wall, what memorabilia gets taped to your fridge, or what mementos you place on your desk or cubicles at work. Surround yourself with pictures and words that remind you of your successes.
- Stand in front of the mirror every night and talk about the things you were able to accomplish that day and how much you appreciated being able to accomplish them.
Holly and I are in the process of starting to build a new home. For anyone who has built a home, you know that it comes with a lot of tough decisions on exactly how to build every square inch. We have both laid in bed late at night, trying to come up with a place where people will want to come share memories with us. We have also spent hours on end, trying to create an environment of learning and self-growth.
Positive quotes, affirmation boards, and simple ways to learn will be spread throughout the entire house. One of our purposes in life is to help our kids to grow and know their full potential. Why? Because being a person of high self-confidence, high self-respect, and high self-esteem are vital to the success of a person. Above all things, if you don’t believe in yourself, how will others believe in you?
Always remember that God wants us to be happy.
He wants us to be successful. He wants us to create and do great things. He has given us everything we need. Now, its our turn to go make it happen!
I like myself, Cram