Hello freaking Monday! Nice to see you. Now if you please step aside while we take you over! What you do today will set the tone for the rest of the week. Go get it! We continue to talk about adding value to the lives of others. I hope many of you are learning a good lesson or two about adding value.
If you learn the art of doing it, your life will be filled with so much more joy and happiness. As I have said before, every one of us have the qualities, talents, and skills to add value to others. John C talked about how one of his strengths was encouraging other people. One day he asked his dad whom he should encourage. His response, “If they are breathing, they need to be encouraged.”
What talents have been given to you? What skills do you have? What influences do you possess? Here is the beauty of adding value. “Anything and everything you have can be used to help others if you make adding value to people your priority and become intentional about it.” So how can we do this?
1. Model – I do it. Before you try and teach someone else, you work to become good at it
2. Mentor – I do it and you watch. Learning begins when you show someone how to do something. John C said that he would rarely work alone. He would always bring someone along that wanted to learn.
3. Monitor – You do it and I watch. Nobody learns how to do something well on the first try. People need to be coached.
4. Motivate – You do it. Handing off tasks as soon as possible is vital in this process. Then, become their biggest cheerleader.
5. Multiply – No you have them go repeat the cycle with someone else.
Who is there in your life that you can already add value to? And what it is that you can do to help them? What can you do to help their lives to become better? All you have to do is be willing to act. I am going to just say this one more time today. Your life WILL BE happier if add value to other people. And again, all you have to do is reach out and act intentionally.
Seeking value adders, Cram