Happy Friday! How can today not be a great day? Yesterday we talked about making time in the morning to start the day the right way. Today the author starts to talk about how to make the morning as effective as possible. He suggests taking the following 6 things, and giving yourself 10 minutes for each of them. Exercise, affirmations, visualization, reading, meditation, and journaling.
- Silence– Sitting in silence for 10 minutes. Praying, meditating, and focusing on your breath. This will help your stress melt away. Meditating will help you feel a sense of calm, and will help ease your mind.
- Reading– Stress levels drop tremendously when you read daily. It also gives you a huge sense of fulfillment because you are learning something. And once again, fulfillment equals happiness.
- Affirmations– Affirmations will continue to show you the unlimited power that you have within. Writing them down and saying them in the mirror. As I have said before, this will change your life.
- Visualization– Make a vision board. Put pictures, quotes, and goals of all the things you would really like to accomplish up on the board. Look at it every day and visualize it as if it has already happened.
- Journaling– Take time every day to write down all of the things you are thankful for.
- Exercise– Get your blood pumping! Put in as much exercise as you can in 10 minutes. Running, push-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups, etc. Get the blood flowing baby.
Think of how you will feel at the end of the 60 minutes. Once again, it will be an incredible feeling that will be undeniable. And trust me, it is so far from the end of the spectrum of feelings you have when you sleep all the way until you HAVE to wake up. And here is the little secret.
There is no difference in feeling between getting up at 5:00 and getting up at 6:30.
Trust me, I know. Both of them are hard, but equally hard. So you might as well make the decision that will change everything about you. You will have more energy, more clarity, more motivation, more determination, and will absolutely accomplish more each day. And it all starts with getting out of bed!
Getting up, Cram